Conference Project Management
Colchester Digital was set up as a Meetup group a number of years ago, and the current team wanted to extend their reach to create Colchester’s first ever full scale digital conference, they had talked about it for three years…
Thanks for funding from SECAADS The Public Art Company recently project managed Colchester’s first ever Digital Conference.
Held at Curzon cinema, the one day event included a large screening room and a break out area for stalls.
Atendees were kept fed an watered by local Cafe Saison, and enjoyed a selection of giveaways and opportunities to chat to funders, employment specialists and their peers during break out.
Project management included; planning and scheduling, marketing, social media, allocation tasks, advertising and training volunteers, set up and take down on the day, floor management of the event and much more…
The process included;
- Apply for and gain funding.
- Research conferences in a similar vein and find a suitable venue.
- Create and outline a strategic plan for the event.
- Design branding; posters, cinema poster, social banners etc.
- Call out for volunteers.
- Venue health and safety assessment.
- Book caterers.
- Market exhibition area to stall holders.
- First point of contact for venue in the run up to event.
- manage furniture for stalls.
- Social media content.
- Floor manage the event on the day including volunteers,
- Job allocations for event day.
- Report back to funders on key performance indicators.
- Project management.
- Funding application.
- Graphic design.
- Social media.
- Event Management.